The Marcellus Village Council would like public input on its use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Funds and will have the subject on its agenda for the November 9, 2021, Village Council meeting.
Under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, the Village will receive $119,217 in two payments of $59,608 by May of 2022. These funds, which must be obligated by December 31, 2024, and spent by December 31, 2026, are restricted to uses in the following ways:
- Respond to public health emergency or its negative economic impacts.
- Provide premium pay to essential workers, within caps.
- Replace public sector revenue loss.
- Make necessary investments in water, sewer, or broadband infrastructure.
The funds may not be used for:
- Pension contributions.
- Reducing taxes.
- Debt service.
- Legal Settlements.
- Replenishing budget stabilization fund, rainy days fund, or similar reserve accounts.
- General economic development or workforce development unless related to the pandemic.
Residents and interested parties are invited to participate in the discussion.