Follow this link for more information: Employee Assistance Grants
Applications open for submission beginning at 9:00a.m. on January 15, 2021.
What are Employee Assistance Grants?
The Employee Assistance Grants were made available by Senate Bill 748, and are designed to provide support to employees impacted by the MDHHS Gathering and Face Mask Order that took effect on November 18, 2020. The Michigan Restaurant & Lodging Association Educational Foundation is administering this grant program.
What is the application period for the Employee Assistance Grants?
The application period will open on January 15, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. and will be available until January 25, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. The grants are not first come, first serve and the application will be open for submissions for the entirety of that 10-day period. Please take the time to ensure your application is complete and correct.
Who is eligible to apply for the Employee Assistance Grants?
Employees who were impacted by the MDHHS Gathering and Face Mask Order of November 18, 2020. Employees working in the following industries qualify:
- Hotels, Motels, Bed & Breakfast, Resorts
- Food Trucks
- Bowling Alleys
- Golf Courses
- Banquet Halls
- Other impacted industries
What information or documentation is required to be provided on the grants application?
- Personal information:Legal name, mailing address, social security number, and date of hire.
- Employer information: Business Name, manager name, phone and email address.
- Proof of employment: You will need a paystub showing proof of employment in November (1-18) of 2020 ORa letter signed by your manager, company shareholder, or company owner on business letterhead stating your employment was impacted as a direct result of the DHHS Gathering and Face Mask Order of November 2020